- Start off with a blank page, introduce the shared book, ask what the title is, type the Title in
- in the sub title box type by Room #
- Insert a new slide
- Read the text from the Shared book and then start typing it in
- ask questions like "What do I need to type first?" "What goes at the end of the sentence?"
- Computer skills are taught as they are needed i.e. "How do I make a capital letter?" "Who can show me how to type a full stop, what finger should I use?
- As the book was one about 'I can run, I can draw' etc. The teacher taught the children how to take photos, so these 5 and 6 year olds took their own photos and the teacher inserted them into their PowerPoint.
- To finish it off she chose a design template and this was all done as part of the lesson with the children participating alongside.
As a follow up to this, students can take photos of other things they 'can' do and add them to this shared book or create an new one.