A great way to start off and introduce your wiki/blog at the beginning of the year is to add a jigsaw using photos of your students or places around the school. Jigzone allows you to upload your own photos and embed jigsaws.
Saturday, February 11, 2012
Thursday, February 9, 2012
One of the teachers I worked with today wanted to use Build Your Wildself
Mac or Windows using Prt Scn...or Click 'I'm done' then click on Get a Wild Desktop. Do a right click on the next screen and select Save as...
Click here to see different types of avatars that your students can make.
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Shaun Wood sent me this challenge which was first started by Allanah King. It is a worthwhile challenge to do with our students because it will make them think about how they learn
5 things I would want my teacher to know about me
- I like art, I am visual... if you talk at me you will see me doodling in my books
- I can listen to you and do other things at the same time
- I don't like to sit for long periods of time, I need to move and I do fidget
- If you are telling me something I already know then I will get bored and will look for something else to do
- I like open challenges, pose a problem and let me choose how to solve it